13262538

I have a couple of questions.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a couple of questions.
1. My ex is claiming for money I asked her to save for me. It was in her account and we agreed that the money she would contribute for rent and bills would go into a savings account for me to purchase a house. The house was purchased and then we split, the house is entirly in my name, she did not even visit the bank. I managed to get into 1000's worth of personal debt beyond the mortgage and she belives 10K is hers.
2. We have a child. I found out on the day of the split she had been married for the whole time. Is there something I can claim against her. The child is mine and I do want to support her, but if it stops her from being aggressive I will take this kind of option.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not the question I asked, you may have responded to someone else by mistake. My question was
Hi, I have a couple of questions. 1. My ex is claiming for money I asked her to save for me. It was in her account and we agreed that the money she would contribute for rent and bills would go into a savings account for me to purchase a house. The house was purchased and then we split, the house is entirly in my name, she did not even visit the bank. I managed to get into 1000's worth of personal debt beyond the mortgage and she belives 10K is hers (also we agreed on 2.5K settlement and car via email). 2. We have a child. I found out on the day of the split she had been married for the whole time. Is there something I can claim against her. The child is mine and I do want to support her, but if it stops her from being aggressive I will take this kind of option.
I am sorry - it is a very annoying site glitchMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgageHow long were you living together and did she make any direct payments at that time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
House is 178K and there is around 155K left. No Payments made, she lived with me at that property for 3 months before we split and I let her stay for another 3 whilst she found somewhere. The 10K she claims was saved by her for me for around 2 years, she stopped saving 8 months before the house was purchased. The money she saved for me was the money she would have contributed to rent / bills / food in previous rented properties (not the house I purchased). I also paid for a car she now owns and lots of other bits. She travelled abroad numberous times whilst this was happening.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We were together 7 years and through that entire period turns out she was married to someone else. For that and other reasons I split with her. I did not leave her for another woman and or have an affair.
For clarity - she paid you £10,000 at the time you purchased the propertyThis represented money that she had saved over the years because you housed and fed her - is that correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I was poor at saving back then. So I asked her not to pay me any rent or bills and put the money into a savings account for me. She moved the money to me earlier on before we brought the house. She claims the money is hers.
The slight catch was some of this was paid whilst she was on maternity, which was from ireland, as we lived there ( her income as much more due to that, they pay well) she then got a job shortly after her maternity pay stopped in the UK.
How soon before the purchase did she give you the money
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A few months I think. After we split we agreed I would give her 2.5K so she could get a new place and some bits and I give her the car and continue to pay her car insurance. Now she wants 7K more 10 months on.
How much is the car worth
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not much, I brought it whilst we where together for around 5K (loan taken by me and paid by me entirely), was worth around 1K when I handed it over.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also around this can I take any action around her not telling me she was married, even after she pushed me for engagement, pregnancy, support. Even though I love my daughter and see her 2-3 times a week I am 99% certain none of the above would have happened if she would have disclosed this information to me. I dont want to take action, I just want to have this ready incase.
I am afraid that there is no action you can take about the fact that she was not honest about her marital statusCan you prove that you paid for everything - rent bills and food whilst you were together?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I can
last point (I hope) did she save on a monthly basis - a certain amount that you both agreed on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes we agreed it to be about what the bills and monthly rent was (but this did vary slightly if it varied the value went down). So in essance what I covered for her living costs. She did actually dip into this a little and even transfered money to her mother during this time from another account. Even with this the value was less than half of what the monthly contributions should have been for a numnber of months.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello ?
My apologies for the delayFrom what you have said you can prove that this was indeed a "saving scheme" of sorts and that accordingly it was not a matter of your ex making a capital contribution to the proposed purchase which is what she is trying to claimHowever the fact that the money came for her account and there was no written agreement could cause a complication and you may wish to offer her a further token payment to avoid further riskI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks claire, the money was paid to me not the bank. I paid the bank. Does that make a differance
No that is what I assumed had happened
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again, and thanks for being patient.
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well