13262538

Does a separation agreement need a stamp from court or from

Customer Question

Does a separation agreement need a stamp from court or from a solicitor?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you A Separation Agreement cannot be signed by the Court and a Stamp from a solicitor will not make it any more enforceablePlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I just pay for one separation document to be made online, rather than paying £365 for a solicitor to make one?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You can do either - but if you want it to have a better chance of being enforceable face to face legal advice will help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what makes it binding and legal in the eyes of the government are the parties signing the agreement?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What makes it an agreement which the Family Court may respect is the signature of both parties - preferably after they have both had independent legal advice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome I hope all goes well