Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Sadly, my husband and I are going through a divorce, after

Customer Question

Sadly, my husband and I are going through a divorce, after I found out he has been having a second long term affair (3 years this time). He has pre-marital assets of about £2 million; we have a flat in London bought during our marriage worth about £1 million and our main home worth about the same. I didn't realise but my husband has kept everything in his name. He now lives in the flat in London and I live in our country home. My solicitor is saying I should keep my home. How will the assets be shared out, because my husband says he will keep everything as it is all his. I have helped him look after his properties, bought before our marriage. I went to London every week to clean and cook and kept our home here too, whilst working part-time. He has always been hugely mean, but I have now found out that he also has investments of about £350,000 in addition to everything else.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow long have you lived together?What income do you each have?