13262538

I pay child maintenance via a family agreement but

Customer Question

I pay child maintenance via a family agreement but will become unemployed at the end of the year. Is the mother able to legally get access to any of my assets (house, savings etc.) given I wiil have zero income?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat (round figures) is the extent of your savings/assets other than your home?What is your ex's housing position?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have £34000 in savings. My ex owns her own home (under mortgage I assume)

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then you have no cause for concern.Child Maintenance is payable from income only - but you do need to give her as much warning as possible of the forthcoming changeI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare