ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

My son has split up with his partner,she will not respond to

My son has split up with his partner,she will not respond to requests to sort out Money,housing etc.How can he get access to his Two children if she will not communicate!
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
It is the courts view that children have a right to have a good relationship with both of their parents - unless there are child protection concerns.
If, however, the time that your son spends his children cannot be agreed then he should consider referring the matter to mediation. Mediation will try and help the parents agree a schedule in respect of when your the children will spend time with both of the parents. Children really do benefit from having a schedule and knowing when they will next spend time with the other parent.
If matters cant be agreed at mediation then an application could be made to court for a child arrangement order. Court Form is C100. Court fee is £215. Send to local family court. The court will then make the decision for you based on the children's welfare.
An application cannot be made to court until mediation has been attempted.
Mediation can also assist in respect of financial matters.
Please do not hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for you.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively. We receive no credit for our work unless positive feedback is received.