13262538

My husband forced me to sign a prenup before we were married.

My husband forced me to sign a prenup before we were married. I was so upset and it has now corroded the marriage. My husband now wants a divorce ( after 7 months marriage). Will the judge enforce the prenup?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDid you have independent legal advice before signing, and how long before the wedding was it signed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was signed 2 months before the wedding- and no I didn't have any legal advice as I had just brought my own home and had no money whatsoever. My husband didn't offer to pay solicitors fees but it does say in the agreement that I had chosen not to excercise my right to a solicitor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Basically, I thought it was very unfair, we were not allowed to live together before we were married no one in his family were allowed to know we had relations because they are strict jehovahs witnesses and he basically said- sign this and we get married or our relationship can't progress. We can't live together and it will be difficult to be together as a couple.
Who prepared this - an dis there a full list of all assets you each have attached to it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A solicitor prepared it and yes it has a list of our assets. I can send you the document
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, are you still there Claire??
My apologies for the delayDid you sign in front of the solicitor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. My friend acted as a witness for me. She can confirm I was very upset
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There was no option to sign infront of a solicitor. His mother signed as his witness and my friend signed as mine
What does the prenup say?What has happened financially since the marriage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing has happened financially since the prenup. It's just the pressure I was put under and then the control it gives him- he knows he has nothing to lose so won't work at the marriage
I do appreciate that it is at the route of your problems - but if you separate now the prenup would be irrelevant anyway.In the event that the marriage lasts for any length of time then the circumstances under which is was signed, and the fact that you had no legal advice makes it highly unlikely that the family court would give any regard to the "pre-nup"I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details