Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am suffering emotional and phsycholigal abuse from my

Customer Question

I am suffering emotional and phsycholigal abuse from my husband who is planning to divorce me against my will. I have mental health issues such as severe depression. My husband goes away and leaves me alone at every opportunity and neglects me. He often won't speak to me for days or weeks. He threatens not to pay household bills which he knows I can' t afford. He says I have to do all the domestic chores and make him sandwiches everyday or he will restrict the money he pays towards the household. What can I do please ? How can I get an emergency restraint order due to my husband emotional,psychological abuse and neglect. I am 64yrs old and we have been together for 12 Yrs and been married for 3 1/2 Yrs.

Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer.
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
I am sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are experiencing with your husband.
Please may I ask:
- do you want to be divorced?
- how long have you been married?
- do you have children?
- please explain your husbands behaviour?
- what was the last incident?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have sent a reply answering your questions, have you received it ?

Sorry I can't see your reply - please can you resend
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. 3 1/2 Yrs. but lived together for 12yrs. No children together, adult children from previous relationships. Have explained his behaviour already. He has left me for the weekend and is also going on holiday alone next Saturday, he has also arranged to go away for Christmas leaving me at home alone.

Thank you for your response.
Has your husband been physically violent towards you or threatened you?
Whose name is ***** ***** in? Is it owned or rented?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not physically violent. Emotionally and psychological abuse and cruelty and neglect. We both own the whole house.