ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

I got a child arrangements order in the family courts this

Hi, I got a child arrangements order in the family courts this week and one of the clauses was that my ex partner did not disclose my address to anyone. I had to move away from my previous home because of violence and harassment and my ex partner is friends with the people involved, hence him having to keep my address confidential. I said that this was to include his new partner and that I did not want her to know where I lived and he was not to bring her. He has returned our son this evening and he has brought her with him so she now knows where I live. She is not bound by any orders so could easily disclose where I live and in my opinion my ex partner has breached the original order. Please can you advise me on what I could do? Many thanks.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please may I ask:
- do you have a copy of the order that was made?
- please detail specifically what it says in respect of your address not being disclosed.
- please detail which part of the order this was included in - ie was it under Recordings, Orders or was a promise given to the Court (known as an undertaking).
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I have not received a copy of the order from the Court as yet. My ex partner gave a promise to the District Judge. The District Judge said he would minute the Order and have it sent out to us. I specifically asked for it to be part of the order.
Does that help?
If it was a promise that was provided to the court - then this would likely be an undertaking that has been breached.
You should chase the court for a copy of the order.
If it is a promise to the court that has been breached then you can return the matter back to court in respect of the undertaking having been breached and your ex being in contempt of court. If the court finds he is in contempt then he could be fined or even worse case imprisioned.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.