ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

My husband,and i have previous marriages,my husband devorced

my husband,and i have previous marriages,my husband devorced his first wife in 1984,made absolute in 1986 ,the property they lived in,at witney oxon,she kept this for children 2who are now 35yrs and 34yrs ,we think 2 grown up children living in this property and she may be renting bungalow in wheatley,oxon,we tryed to make her sell up in 2000,,but she played on the fact her son as sight condition,and was still at home, and chance of getting this house sold what our chances.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the adult girl 35yrs was married,now she as changed her name back to what it was and gone back to witney address after her and her husband had their own place,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we think the boy 34yr's was in relation ship.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the girl's name went from sheppard to slatford now return to sheppard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have an address at wheatley as*****under name of Pamela jill sheppard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this lady is ex wife and mother of 2 adult's teresa lyn sheppard ,and peter antony sheppard d.o. b.(girl 3.3.1980.boy 1 .7.1981)if this helps.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist.
Please may I ask:
- did you husband and his ex deal with the matrimonial finances at the time they divorced?
- if not - did your husband formally inform the court as to his intention to make a financial claim?
- how is the property held? Joint names? Tenants in common? Joint tenants? Sole name?
- how long were they married?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my husband's name is ***** ***** deed's if its sold he gets 37.5 of the maket value.does this help.they were married 7 years we have been marryed30yrs nearly.thank you caroline.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she as it in her sole name,with clauses attached.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my husband is 66yrs and I am 64.is there a chance this property can be sold .
Thank you for your response.
Was the 37.5 % agreed in a financial settlement?
If so - did the order give conditions about when the property should be sold?
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not too sure ,i think if the wife ,lives with another man or if she vacates property .
Thank you for this information.
If the order did state that the house would be sold on her either cohabiting or vacating the property and you do think that she has vacated then the house should be sold and the profits divided as per the court order.
Your husband needs to get the order to make sure that this is definitely the terms. This means routing through old paperwork - trying his old solicitors and/or trying the court.
If the order is as you recall and she has vacated the property then your husband needs to apply to court for the order to be enforced. Your husband can then make an application to the court for an Order for
If the house is in his ex's sole name - but from what you have detailed your husband has a charge of the property then -
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes he as thank you.
Apologies my last answer - had the last line missing.
If your husband has the charging order and the financial order says the house should be sold when she vacates the property - then he should seek to enforce his charging order by asking the court for an Order for Sale.
It's worth writing a letter to his ex first confirming his intention and also worth looking at referring the matter to mediation - to try and get an agreement without the need for court for the house to be sold.
If the ex doesn't engage- then apply to court for the order for sale. Apply to local county court on claim form part 8 (form N208) . Court fee is £280.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is recieved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much,excellent positive feedback.
Thank you for your kind words - I wish you all the best.
I think you need to click one of the smily faces for the feedback to be allocated.
Kind Regards
Caroline
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience: Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings