13262538

A friend has died intestate, she never married or had children

a friend has died intestate, she never married or had children her only 'blood relation' is the daughter of her fathers sister who was adopted at 6months into another family. The grandparents stayed close in touch and she was reunited with her mother and cousin at a later date though the adoption remained. Can she file for probate and letters of administration?
Her mother had a brother who is now dead and his wife is asking if she can also do this, does she have a claim? Don't know if they have children if so are they able to?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youIf the cousin was legally adopted by the other family then her legal ties with her blood relatives were severed and she has no claim on the estate and cannot obtain Letters of Administration.The Uncle's Widow has no claim either, but if they had children then the children do.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for this it has made things clearer. Is it now up to any children of the deceased uncle to apply for letters of administration

You are most welcome - and yes it is