Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I've recently been told by the child maintenance service that

Customer Question

I've recently been told by the child maintenance service that my ex wife has not been receiving my payments and they are now starting to collect the payments directly from my wages!! I pay for my son and my ex wife pays for my daughters who live with my partner and I, because my payments to my ex wife are greater than her payments to me I simply pay the difference. I've spoken with the child maintenance people and they advised me that they were told that payments were not being received I can only presume that it was my ex wife who made these false claims, I did talk to her and asked her, on the advise given to me by the cms, that if she contacted them and explained that she was in receipt of payment that the cms were quite happy with the arrangement. my ex wife has told me that she has spoken with them. I've now received two more letters explaining that this order of payment will go ahead in December of this year with an agonising 20% collection fee!! I wouldn't mind if I wasn't paying for my son but I am, is there anything I can do to stop this order going through? I do have evidence of payments and texts to my ex wife with her agreeing to it. She's obviously being deceitful against me.
Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old are the children and what is the assessment for you and your ex?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Clare,

My children are Frances aged 18 years, I was still eligible to claim for her at the time because I was still claiming child benefit but this stopped in September, Frances was born on 4/7/1997.

Phoebe was born on 20/09/2000.

And my son James was born on the 20/02/2007.

The girls live with my partner and myself my son lives with his mother.

I have my son with every other weekend and theirs go to there mother's every other weekend, although Frances is old enough to choose when she sees her mum. I don't have any objections with Phoebe seeing her mum outside this arrangement the more contact the better for the children.

If there's anything else that you need please let me know.

Regards,

Gary.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much is the maintenance payable by and how much by your ex?