13262538

How do I change a divorce petition from unreasonable behaviour

How do I change a divorce petition from unreasonable behaviour to adultery? I completed a D11 application to vary an existing order and the judge has advised that he is unclear what I am seeking to amend and if I am seeking to amend the petition I need to apply to do so. I am unclear as what he now requires so would appreciate some legal advice.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWill the other party admit the adultery?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Clare,

Yes my estranged husband is happy to do that.

Wendi

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Will he put that in writing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes he is able to email me stating that fact.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Excellent newsThe starting point is to get him to send you a letter confirming that he will agree to a divorce based on his Adultery.Once you have that then you need to amend your divorce petition.Take a copy of it Cross out the part of Part 5 that refers to Unreasonable Behaviour and put a Red Cross in the Adultery box.Cross out everything you have put in Box 6 out the new details in and underline the changes in RedResign and re date and underline those in red as wellThen complete a new D11 asking for Permission to amend the Petition as set out in the D8 attachedI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks Claire, I really appreciate your help with this.

Best regards

Wendi

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well