13262538

IN THE PRESS RECENTLY I SAW SOMETHING ABOUT TWO WOMEN THAT

IN THE PRESS RECENTLY I SAW SOMETHING ABOUT TWO WOMEN THAT TOOK THEIR EX HUSBANDS TO COURT BECAUSE THEY HAD NOT RECEIVED ENOUGH IN THEIR DIVORCE SETTLEMENTS. I TRIED TO TAKE MY EX HUSBAND TO COURT BUT MY SOLICITOR AT THE TIME KEPT TELLING ME THAT THERE WAS A BACKLOG AND IT WOULD TAKE TIME. 4 YEARS LATER I SOLD THE HOUSE I WAS LIVING IN BECAUSE MY EX HAD LEFT. I WAS THEN HOMELESS AND EVERYTHING WAS PUT INTO STORAGE. MY EX HUSBAND WAS A BARRISTER THEN AS WELL AS A COWN COURT RECORDER. MY THREE CHILDREN WERE GROWN UP AND EVENTUALLY AFTER ANOTHER YEAR OF STRUGGLING TO KEEP MYSELF I HAD TO ACCEPT MY HUSBANDS ONLY OFFER, WHICH WAS THE EQUITY ON THE PROPERTY WHICH AMOUNTED TO £11000.00. I REMARRIED IN 2005, 15 YEARS AFTER MY DIVORCE. I AM NOW RETIRED AND ONLY GET A BASIC STATE PENSION. MY HUSBAND IS DISABLED AND ONLY HAS HIS PENSION. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THIS OBVIOUSE INJUSTICE.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youThe two ladies in question were able to reopen their cases because their ex's had lied about their assets and the ladies in question could prove it.If you can prove that your ex lied about his assets then you could indeed possibly reopen the case - but the standard or proof is a high oneI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex husband was asked by my solicitor at the time to attend mediation, which he refused to do. How can I prove that my solicitor just didn't make the effort to take my ex into court to get the amount of maintenance I was obviously entitled to.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that failing to attend mediation does not amount to lying about his assets - I am sorry