13262538

I am currently living at the same address as my ex partner.

Hi I am currently living at the same address as my ex partner. Myself and him have a joint tenancy agreement and rent arrears.it was explained by the housing officer that re housing is not an option until the rent arrears are cleared. However he is not paying a single penny to rent ,council tax etc I am and I was advised by the citizens advise bureaux to continue paying because of " the joint tenancy". I have had endless discussions and have repeated information explaining the liabilities of joint tenancy and pointed out you can't live any where for nothing.....but am still getting no where what can I do
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old are you both and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm 44 he is 32 and yes 2 children

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How old are the children and who has their day to day care?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They are 5 & 6 and I look after the children, feed take to school clothe etc

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How are the children coping with the current position
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The children are coping very well and understand the current position. However in adult world the current position is not changing or going to change whilst stuck 'I refer back to my first question"

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You need to apply to the Court for an Order that the Tenancy is transferred into your name and that your ex leaves.It will be up to him to find alternative accommodationYou can read more herehttps://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/relationships/relationship-problems/relationship-breakdown-and-housing/if-you-re-married-or-in-a-civil-partnership-relationship-breakdown-and-housing/if-you-re-married-or-in-a-civil-partnership-and-you-rent-your-home-relationship-breakdown-and-housing/relationship-breakdown-and-housing-transferring-a-tenancy-to-a-spouse-or-civil-partner/The form you need is herehttp://www.jordanpublishing.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0008/5521/D50B.pdfI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare