Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

How do I apply of a divorce court order?

How do I apply for copy of a divorce court order?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. I will need further information - how long have you been married and are you and your wife resident in England & Wales?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Resident in England.

Divorce granted Milton Keynes court 2001.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You can write to the Court quoting the divorce case number ***** request a copy of the Decree Absolute - I would suggest that you telephone the court to request confirmation of the charge, which should be £10.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had loss of documents due to water damage dome years ago. Am I able to provide other details or search online to obtain case number?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
I would suggest you provide the Court with the full names of both parties and the date the Decree Absolute was made, however the Court will charge a higher fee for the application, which should be £45.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi Conrad,

I hope this was of assistance. To make it easier to obtain the Decree Absolute you may want to submit a form D440 to court - http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/d440-eng.pdf