13262538

I have put a lot of money into my ex wife's property which

I have put a lot of money into my ex wife's property which is now mine in everything but the mortgage that is being paid off it ,my name is ***** ***** the deeds or land registry is it possible for me to have a charge put on the house to safeguard me from any
future dispute
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhen was your Decree Absolute and is there any reason why the house cannot be transferred into your name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been divorced from my first wife for 15 years well before she purchased the house.I don't know wether the house could be transferred into my name as it is mortgaged to the nat West Bank and my x wife owes a lot of money through another business she as our concern is we thought they maybe able to transfer the debt onto the house should she get into any more trouble paying off her debt
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much is the house worth and how much have you paid towards - and how and why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house is worth around £130k we owe £40k to the bank and I owe £22k to my x wife and the rest is mine.It all came about even since we were divorced we have always been the best of friends ,so when she was struggling to pay the mortgage I stepped in and overtime I paid half to all repairs ,mortgage etc and paid my half to her original deposit.i must add that the house at the moment is being rented out ,also we have kept records of all payments and agreements we have had between ourselves.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you considered simply buying her out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have the money ready although I do not have enough to clear the mortgage & getting a mortgage would be a problem for me ,so hence my first question would it be possible to pay off my x wife & at the same time secure the property in my sole name or have a charge put against it for my interest in the property and continue paying off the mortgage the same way We have been doing
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The way forward would be for your ex to sign a Declaration of Trust confirming that the property is held by her on your behalfThis can then be registered at the land registryI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that ,I take it I would be better getting a declaration of trust signed at the solicitors?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Always best when you are protecting money!