13262538

My name is ***** ***** I have a daughter which is 7 months

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** I have a daughter which is 7 months old . A few days ago I deside to split with my partner and now we are separated . I informed her that I want to take care of my baby and i'll take a full responsibilities as a father . also my daughter has my names and im in the birth sertificate as her father . my question is how I can see my baby ? does my ex partner have the rights to denied visiting my baby ? what I have to do ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you The law says that a child is entitled to ocntact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessaryYour starting point is to discuss matters with your ex using Family Mediationwww.familymediationhelpline.co.ukto try and reach an agreementIf that fails then you will have to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out what time you can spend with the child - and that order can be enforcedI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare