Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My decree absolute was granted in July 2015 after 5 years

Hi My decree absolute was granted in July 2015 after 5 years separation and after 26 years of marriage. I did not make a claim for my husbands pension as we wrote a "deed of separation" which stated I would not go after his pension - I had to do this to guarantee I received some money from him to set up another home when he would not let me back in the marital home. Can I go after his pension now or have I lost all rights to this. My ex husband has remarried. My email is xxxxxxxxxxxx or xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Thanks Sue

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sue, thank you for your email.
I would need to see the deed of separation, but it is usually just an agreement between parties in advance of proceeding with a divorce and does not provide a clean break, therefore you may still be entitled to seek financial relief from him.
If you were to proceed with a financial relief application the Court can consider the terms of the deed of separation when deciding how to settle the finances.
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi Susan, Hope this information was of assistance. Have you managed to progress matters? Please let me know if you have any further queries. Regards

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firsthas there been a final financial Order sealed by the CourtWhat is the extent of the assets and debts