Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My decree absolute was granted in July 2015 after 5 years

Hi My decree absolute was granted in July 2015 after 5 years separation and after 26 years of marriage. I did not make a claim for my husbands pension as we wrote a "deed of separation" which stated I would not go after his pension - I had to do this to guarantee I received some money from him to set up another home when he would not let me back in the marital home. Can I go after his pension now or have I lost all rights to this. My ex husband has remarried. My email is xxxxxxxxxxxx or xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Thanks Sue

Hi Sue, thank you for your email.
I would need to see the deed of separation, but it is usually just an agreement between parties in advance of proceeding with a divorce and does not provide a clean break, therefore you may still be entitled to seek financial relief from him.
If you were to proceed with a financial relief application the Court can consider the terms of the deed of separation when deciding how to settle the finances.
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters

Hi Susan, Hope this information was of assistance. Have you managed to progress matters? Please let me know if you have any further queries. Regards

HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firsthas there been a final financial Order sealed by the CourtWhat is the extent of the assets and debts