Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband has to spend time at his ex partners house to see

My husband has to spend time at his ex partners house to see his daughter has been doing so for 6 years. His daughter is 11 years old should this be the case. We ahve been married for 10 years. please help us.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Just to confirm, your husband's ex-partner supervises him during his visits and she only allows him to see their daughter at her home? If this is correct, has she explained why she wishes for this to continue?
Such proposals for supervised contact should not be made unless there are concerns about the level of care a parent is providing to a child.
I would suggest that your husband contacts a local mediator (you can search here: http://www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk/) in an attempt to reach an amicable agreement with his ex-partner to provide for more reasonable proposals to be made. If mediation fails or does not progress, and his ex-partner refuses to agree to reasonable proposals then your husband would need to submit an application to Court for a child arrangement order.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi Claire,

Hope this information was of assistance. Have you managed to progress matters?

HH Solicitor