Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have been divorced 30+ years and have been

Customer Question

Hello, I have been divorced for for 30+ years and have been informed i can claim on his state pension but I wanted to know where I stand with his private pension. I spent 35 years raising his disabled daughter with no financial help from him and just wanted some more information please. Thank you, Rosemary.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.
Was there a court approved financial settlement or a court order regarding the finances alongside the divorce?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, there was none.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. If you have not remarried and there is no clean break order then you are entitled to apply for financial relief, which will take into account his private pension.
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How would I apply for financial relief, what would I need?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
You will need to submit an application to court in a Form A -(http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=2655) to St Bury Edmund's Divorce Centre
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rosemary, Hope this information was of assistance. Have you managed to progress matters? Regards

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you I am afraid that at the time of your divorce there was no possibility of your applying for a share of his Private Pension - and the change that came is 2000 was notretrospective.I ma sorry not to give better newsPlease ask if you need further detailsClare