13262538

If someone voices concern to social services and say they want

If someone voices concern to social services and say they want to remain anonymous to the family concerned can social go against that and tell them who the information came from?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My sister has had social services for some time due to an abusive marriage breakup. She has since started seeing a bloke that social have asked her to break it off with due to him being on the sex offenders register. She has made out to social that she broke it off but she never. Due to conflicting information my mum and I went to chat with social without my sister knowing to find out what is happening. During the conversation with social it came out that she is still with him. They have now said they might take the kids away. She has said tonight that social has told her they will say within 24hrs who the information came from but they told me and my mum the conversation was strictly confidential
HiThank you for your question my colleague has asked me to look at it for you.Whilst it is not impossible that Social Services will disclose your identity remember that your sister is not necessarily telling the truthThere is no REQUIREMENT for them to disclose it - so check the situation with Social ServicesPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I was told by social services that everything was confidential can I stop them from telling my sister nothing was said to get her in to trouble I was unaware she was told not to see this man I am feeling like social have tricked me and as a result could end up loosing my sister
I think it is highly unlikely that they will tell her - but yes you can point out that they told you they would not do so
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years