13262538

If i have a court order from 7.8.81 can i take

if i have a court order from 7.8.81 for maintenance can i take it to court for my ex to pay me this as never been canceled
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When did payments actually stop?
is this child or spouse maintenance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was for me spouse
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When did the payments stop and why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he never payed me it was for 5p a year
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but my DLA as been stop and i'v no money to live on
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
So it was a nominal maintenance order - with no expectation of paymentWhat has happened now to make you think it needs to change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have no money and my DLA as been stop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so is there anything i can do
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What have you done in the intervening 35 years?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was a nurse but was rape in July 1995 By a hospital porter they as me to leave in 1999...i have Bi-polar and have a 117 under the mental health act..but with the new p.i.p payment they have stop and had no money coming in but my nhs pension and £79.04 eesa per two week
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but i still have a 117
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you remarried at all?What is the financial position of your ex?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i have never remarried and he as more then enough big pay out with from police when he retied and work's fire arm's for the police and queen i believe
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any children together and what capital settlement was made?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we had one child he payed £80 per month never change in 14 year's there was no capital i payed him £2.000.00 from sale of house which my solicitor should have told me to keep it but i feel he was helping him
he was in the armed forcers then
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How long were you living together?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
five year's
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How old are you now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
59 year's and 9 month's
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Technically you can make the application for spouse maintenance - BUT your chances of success are very minimal given the length of the time since the separation and the fact that the reason you have had to stop working was nothing to do with your ex and his behaviour.If you can accept that there is only a remote chance of success then toy can arrange to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting - a mandatory prerequisite before making a Court Application.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years