Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife and I have been married 9 years, but separated over one year. We h

Hello. My wife and I have been married 9 years, but separated for just over one year. We have tried to patch things up, but to no positive outcome. I have proof she is seeing somebody and the potential of being in a sexual relationship with them. Can I file for Adultery, and if so would it effect her settlement? We have two children both born in wedlock aged 8 and 4. I'm currently out of work, and my savings are currently paying her rent.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
If you can prove adultery then you will need to state the date(s) and place(s) that this took place. You cannot rely on adultery if you lived with her for six months after the adultery took place. If that is the case then you will need to apply under unreasonable behaviour.
The reasons for the divorce do not have an effect on any financial settlement, unless there has been financial misconduct.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hope this information was of assistance. Have you managed to progress matters? Please let me know if you have any further queries.

HH