ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

I've been married 9 yrs together 11 yrs. My names not on the

Customer Question

I've been married 9 yrs together 11 yrs. My names not on the house ddeeds.if we divorce wot am I entitled to
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
If you were to divorce then you would be entitled to make a claim in respect of the matrimonial finances.
In relation to the matrimonial finances - The correct process for dealing with the matrimonial finances and division is to go through a process known as full and frank financial disclosure. Yourself and your spousr would need to exchange full details of all assets ( including pensions) and liabilities before negotiations take place in relation to settlement. Everything is included in disclosure - all assets and all liabilities.
The normal rule for division is 50/50 however the matrimonial causes act sets out factors which could lead to a departure from this rule. A few examples are the likely earning capacity of both of you for the future, health needs, future care of children etc.
If you did seperate then you should consider applying for a matrimonial homes rights notice to protect your right of occupation of the matrimonial home. You can do this by completing Form HR1 and sending it to the Land Registry. The Land Registry do not charge a fee to register the notice.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that credit is received for our work