Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife and i have been married years ,the house we

Customer Question

My wife and i have been married for four years ,the house we live in is in my name & was purchased by me , i pay the mortgage & the only contribution she has is she pays the bills in the event of a divorce does she get half the house.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.
It is difficult to say what financial settlement parties should be entitled to as the Court will have to consider all the facts of the case, including assets and income of both parties, contributions and needs before deciding what sort of split is equitable.
However, even though the property is in your sole name and you have been repaying the mortgage solely, she has rights to the property arising out of the marriage.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, just checking to see if you had any further questions regarding this issue. Please rate positive if you found the information helpful.