Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Just want to know what to do when a person is taken by

Customer Question

Hi , just want to know what to do when a person is taken by the police for being accused of domestic assault ? My brother was taken today , 7th November at around 7 pm by the police as his wife did a report today for something that she is telling that
he did on last Wednesday , 4th November . I don't really know if my brother was violent or not but I know she is a doubt person , always lying to get what she wants . If they argue , yes I believe . As since tomorrow she left home with kids , 7 years and 16
months old ) and gave no notice to us about childrens wellbeing after a plenty attempts of phone calls , text messages . Today he decided to go to his wife friends house and childrens were there , but they denied his contact with children . After a few minutes
they called the police and police arrived and my sister in law said that my brother was violent with her on Wednesday . He was taken by the police and til present moment I didn't received any phone call from him , don't know if they asked for an interpreter
as he doesn't speake English at all . What can I do to help my brother ? Which are his rights ?
I am dealing with this on your other post