Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I've been advised to initiate a "Emergency mediation appointment"

Customer Question

I've been advised to initiate a "Emergency mediation appointment" due to my ex-partner refusing to let me see the children.
Can someone advise on who/where I contact in Wales to initiate this or maybe what form I need to send in to the court?
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
You can check here for local family mediators in Wales: http://www.familymattersmediation.co.uk/
___
Please rate positive if you found this information helpful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just to be clear, I don't have to use a family mediator via the court, I can just use one of the above and then if the situation did go to court, they would accept the above mediation was the correct use?

Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Yes, if mediation fails then the mediator will provide you with a signed form to accompany any court application to show that you have attempted mediation.
___
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this. Please rate positive if you found the previous information helpful.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, just checking to see if you had any further questions regarding this issue. Please rate positive if you found the information helpful.