Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have drawn up an interim financial relief and remedy just to cover my son's school

Customer Question

I have drawn up an interim financial relief and remedy just to cover my son's school fees and payment of the outstanding school fees since his dad stopped paying because he claims I upset him. I have special needs for myself being disabled. Will this be taken into account in the decsion? Also, can he be made to pay the outstanding fees as a lumpsum to the school?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Just a bit more information required. Are you married to the father and have you had a divorce petition issued?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have divorced his father by cross petiton and I was granted NISI pronouced 2 days ago in court.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. If your disability increases your financial needs and prevent you from meeting your earning capacity then the court will take this into account.
The court will look at all options available when coming to a decision on how best to settle the assets and meet you needs, your husband's needs and your child's needs and this may include a lump sum payment to settle overdue school fees.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, just following up to see if you have any further questions. Please rate positive if you found the information above helpful.