Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

What is initial assessment?

What is initial assessment?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi Asma,
Please could you elaborate on this question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes what type of intial assessment will the SS undertake if I can oppse the AO application?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - social services will undertake similar assessments that would have taken place in the care proceedings, but as stated in your other question it will be more appropriate for any experts that provided reports go provide an update if you are successful in applying for leave to oppose the adoption order
___
Please rate positive if you found this information helpful.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
There will be an initial assessment based on the paperwork available including reports from the various groups that you have worked with and possibly a face to face interview with you.If at that point it looks possible that there could be a chance of success then a proper updated parenting assessment would take place - which would involve the children
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, just checking to see if you had any further questions regarding this issue. Please rate positive if you found the information helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi last week they was an order for one house to be sold and money to paid to my solicitor directly. I was ordered a settlement ex husband did not comply. But he has to pay 3% interest on top of my normal settlement figure.
My question is the order was done 10/9/15 for ex to pay but he didn't I applied back to court
He was ordered to sell house but a date has not been given.
It could take months when can I apply for an enforcement?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
The court will set a date in the order for when the house should be sold, and if it is not done by that time then you can apply for enforcement, although it sounds like you have already applied to court for enforcement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi No we haven't just applied for the matter to be restored. But the judge only allowed for the house to be sold but has not given a set date when the money should be paid.
That's my issue why the judge did not set a date?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
You will need to check the precise wording of the order - it may say something like "the property to be sold forthwith and proceeds shared..." Which means that he has to sell it immediately. If there is nothing at all about timescales then this should be raised with the judge when the matter is restored.
__
Please rate positive if you found this helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it is ordered
1 HBC(covenyacing solicitor form the proceeds after the appropriate deductions pay £60k to applicants solicitor
2.Interest shall accrue on this £60k at 3% from10/09/15
3. No order of costs
My solicitor did say the previous buyers have backed out. But when ther new buyers come forward the above should happen,
But the judge did not set a date. I am wondering why judge did not set a date? It could take 3 months or more
That's my concern, I am confused
Shall I apply for enforcement may be wait for a month or so?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
I think that the order was made given there was a prospective buyer. As they have now pulled out your ex-husband would need to make efforts to remarket and find another buyer. However there doesn't seem to be an order for this and therefore should be raised at your next court hearing.
___
Please rate possible if you found this information helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There will not be any more court hearings?
You are right ex will need to put back on market to sell the longer it takes he will have to pay 3% extra that's £150 a month interest his not in good position any way.
The longer it takes for him he will have to pay more.
There's no further hearings until I decide to make enforcement application
How long do you think I should wait for?
Until I make an application?
Asma
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Apologies I thought you had applied to restore the matter.
You should allow a few months in order for viewings tomtake place and for an offer to be put in and be accepted. I would suggest that younwrite to him/his solicitors to obtain confirmation that it has been put back on the market for an appropriate price.
__
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the longer it takes for the house to be sold ex husband will have to pay more of the interest. It's the judge to protect me from not being in more debt.
Also the hearing for the application for my two youngest children is on 07-01-2016. Will there be more directions or would I be cross examined on the hearing date set above?
Asma