ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

We need to ensure my will is not contested by ex family

Customer Question

We need to ensure my will is not contested by ex family members, first wife, two sons. Acrimonious divorce 16 years ago. Our house in the names of self and second wife Iman. To protect Iman against frivolous claims, should I transfer the sole ownership
to her. If so, and in that case, what if she drops off the twig before me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
I am sorry but I am at Court this morning and am not able to call you.
I can however tell you that if you held your matrimonial home with your current wife as Joint Tenants - then your current wife would automatically have your share of the house passed to her if you were to pass away. This is known as the right of survivorship. This would be the same whether or not you had a will. The property would therefore not be treated as part of your estate and your ex wife would not be able to make a claim in respect of the same.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please do not hesitate to say if I can assist you further,
If you have found the information helpful I would be grateful if you could kindly press accept do that we receive credit for our time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much indeed. I am sure wife can now relax and enjoy our home.Kind RegardsEddie McEwan
Your very welcome Ewan
If you have found the information helpful I would be grateful if you could kindly press accept do that I receive credit for my time.
Kind Regards
Caroline