75100385

I am living abroad and have no source of income.

Customer Question

Hello, I am living abroad and have no source of income. Could you please advise if I am entitled to any form of benefits from the UK, as I do try and go back and forth as much as possible. Thank you Andrea
Hello Andrea my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Its bad news I am afraid, if you are resident abroad then you are not entitled to any benefits from the UK - you need to be resident here.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello AlexThank you for response, I have a house and UK bank, and go back to the UK. I had to leave my job there due to ill health. I have looked into this before, and I was led to believe that if you spend so much time there you can claim for something?Thanks, Andrea
If you are not resident in the UK then no.
Otherwise if you are in the UK you may be entitled to Housing Benefit, but you own the house. You may be entitled to Job Seekers Allowance, but you are not available for work in the UK.They are the main ones.
Can I clarify anything else for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about if I am in the EU?Andrea
I can only advise on UK law. You may be entitled to benefit in the country you are living in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does anybody there specialise in EU law that could help me please?Andrea
You would need to ask a new question for this Andrea as this question was UK law based.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, thank you Alex.Andrea
No problem - good luck!