Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I own my own house, my marriage has broken down, I have two

Customer Question

I own my own house, my marriage has broken down, I have two small children age 7 & 8,
I wish to sell the house and split the profit with my wife so that we can carry on with our lifes. My wife wishes to stay in the family house, this house is in my name only and I wish to sell it so as to move on. If I divorce my wife can she stop me from selling the house as we have the two girls.
There is another house which we both own a detached 3 bedroom house in a nice area which she refuses to move too as the girls will have to move school, her mother lives two miles down the road from this house.
Would the court insist that I move out of the house that I own, I could not afford to rent
as well as pay for the family house, I struggle each month to pay for the mortgage and outgoing as it is, my wife only earned £1,000 and she could not afford to keep the mortgage up even though she says she can with government help.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please may I ask:
- how much equity is in the matrimonial home?
- how much equity in the other property?
- value of other matrimonial assets?
- how much would it be to buy a 3 bed property near the children's schools?
Kind Regards
Caroline