13262538

Can I file divorce on the ground of adultery if my husband

Customer Question

Can I file for a divorce on the ground of adultery if my husband has admitted to seeing someone 5 months after we separated ( not legally) but I know it started just a month after he left but has only just told me?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Is it likely that you ex will agree to a divorce on this ground?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure he will he doesn't see he has done anything wrong. But I have got texts from her saying they love each other. I'm an certain the have had sex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What will that mean for him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The ground used for divorce makes no difference to the outcome on finances or regarding the children.
Adultery is a hard ground to prove unless there is a written admission as it involves evidence of the actual act itself.
On that basis it is always easier to issue a petition based on his Unreasonable Behaviour in respect of the time and attention he is giving to someone else and the distress that causes you
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details