13262538

I have been named as a co responded but do not wish to admit

Customer Question

I have been named as a co responded but do not wish to admit this ,what happens if I do not but the respondent does
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Please confirm that you are referring to a divorce petition based on adultery?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I have been a family lawyer for more than 30 years.Naming a Respondent is not necessary - and if you are in touch with the Respondent then you could request that he does not agree to admit to the adultery unless your name is ***** ***** are not able to do this then you can simply return the Acknowledgement without admitting the Adultery.The divorce can go ahead based on the admission of the Respondent but you should not have any further involvementPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But would my name still be on the divorce papers ? My wife know all about this but she dose not want my name on anything
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Your name will remain in the Petition but is not likely to be used on subsequent documents - if it is it will be by mistake
In any event few people actually see them outside of the court office
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anyway I can make sure there not on the paper at all as my wife will go mad if they are ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
There is no way she would be aware of it as the only paperwork you will receive is the original petition
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about on the divorce paper it's self the one the respondent and her ex will have at the end will my name be on that ? As this is what my wife is worrying about being show to other people or posted on social sites
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It is unlikely to be on the Decree Absolute if you have not admitted the adultery
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And I wouldn't be called in to court and be questioned on it , what proof would be needed ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Certainly not - there is no question of that - if neither of ou admit the adultery then the petition will simply sit there and nothing will happen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about if she does but I don't admit it ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then as I said the divorce will go through.You will not be called to courtyou will not get a costs order against youIt is unlikely that your name will appear on any other document barring a mistake