13262538

I am trying to write a letter the the father requesting

Customer Question

hi i am trying to write a letter the the father requesting a name change not sure how best to write this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need a letter template he has no access and hasn't since she was 2 years old other than an hour when she was 5 and is now 11. pays no support, i have been in the same relationship for 9 years married for 5 years and now have another child so my daughter is feeling left out as she also hss to other older step sisters. she is known by our married name in schhool as per her request for the last 5 years also need the letter to be official so that he may agree rather than having to pay child support as i know he will not want to do this and advise that i will also app,y for a court order please will you help with this matter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
There is no standard template I am afraid,
However what you need to do is keep the letter simple and factual.
Open by saying that you are writing because your daughter has requested the change of name ( no more than that) so you are seeking his permission to add the new surname (much less contentious than replacing it and achieves the same result) by way of a Change of Name deed.
Say that there will be no cost to him - and that of course you will continue NOT claiming child support.
Attach a letter for him to sign confirming that he agrees that you can change the name of his daughter ***** ***** to ***** ***** Brown.
I hope that this is of assistance - if you wish me to look at the letter first just let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your reply, a few questions please he has never paid any child support so in this case if i applied for a court order wouldn't the judge expect him to at leaset? can i add this some how without it sounding antiganitic. also do i have to tell him what i am changing it to?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No i am afraid that the court has no power regarding child maintenance - however you could add the words "I would prefer not to have to apply to the court which could be expensive for us both"Yes I am afraid he does have to know what the new name will be.
Of course in four years time your daughter can sign her own Change of Name deed and her father cannot interfere