13262538

Can a property in held trust be deemed a marital home with

Can a property in held trust be deemed a marital home with all legal rights attaching, to spouse of the beneficiary?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
What are the terms of the trust? Is the spouse living at the property as the family home and is he/she named on the title and mortgage?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I have been a Family lawyer for 30 years.Yes if the spouse lives with the Beneficiary at the property then it is the Matrimonial Home.This means that the spouse has the right to live there and can obtain an Occupation Order - but the Spouse has no financial claim on the propertyI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years