13262538

My husband has left after 14 months marraige, his choice to

my husband has left after 14 months marraige, his choice to leave. my home is owned by me alone,( 12 years) i pay all the bills, he has not contributed to the bills or mortgage. i am also in the process of buying my parents home with the intention for them to continue living there.
has my husband got a claim on either property? Also, would we be granted a divorce after such a short time as there no grounds as i can see. We both also have good pensions, his to come in 5 years, mine in 25 years.
any help would be great
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How long were you living together in total and what assets does he have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we moved in together in july 2014, married in Aug 2014.
he sold his house when he moved in with me, did not put any money into my property. he has no assests at present
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way, Clare my name is ***** ***** being abrupt!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi Stella
How much did he receive for the property and how old are you both?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi...he didnt really make anything on the sale of his house, maybe a couple of thousand, not much. i think it sold for around £130,000. He only had the house about 9 or 10 months so no equity. I am 42, he is 50
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
Why did he move out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He left a month ago. We had some issues around children,I have 3 grown up daughters that live with me,he has two children.one in uni in London and one going next year to uni. We could not agree on buying our own property together,the size price of house etc. ..Some what seem like trivial issues that I thought would resolve but he obviously didn't. There was no abuse or adultery or unreasonable behaviour that I know of. He does not want to rectify the problems and he is talking divorce.i will see him tmrw for the first time since he left and I would like have some idea of where I stand legally
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
In fact that can amount to Unreasonable Behaviour and if you wish to have an immediate divorce this is something you and he can discuss - using Family Mediation if necessary
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
Since your relationship was so short lived the aim of the court will be to return each of you into the same financial position you were in prior to the marriage
Accordingly the worst case scenario is that his minor claim on the matrimonial home will net him £2000 or so to enable him to set up home elsewhere
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so, he would no claim to my second property either? i woulld like to be able to reassure my parents about this.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
His claim on the Matrimonial Home is slender - his claim on the other property you are buying is even smaller - but do plan to ned the marriage sooner rather than later
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much for help Clare
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years