13262538

My partner and I have separated after 15 years and 3

Customer Question

My partner and I have separated after 15 years and 3 children later. I gave up a well paid job to raise a family . My partner continued on his career path. We were not married and I did not want the relationship to end. I would like to know other than child maintenance am I I titled to any other spouse maintainance. We share a mortgage together which he is currently paying.
Lucy
.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am sorry but since you were not married you have no right to claim maintenance for your self at all.
It is possible (if he is a high earner) that you could apply under Schedule 1 of the Children Act for him to continue paying the mortgage or part of it, but that is it I am afraid.
I am sorry to give bad news - please ask if you need further details