13262538

My Name is***** I was divorced 19 years ago from Mr

Customer Question

My Name is***** I was divorced 19 years ago from Mr N J Bowman. Before my divorce my Ex Mother in Law Mrs M.J. McIntyre gave her son £60.000 to purchase a house without my knowledge.
When I found out about the house I confronted my Ex and told him I will take the matter to court. (I believe this is Fraud)
He reply his solicitor at the time who did the conveyance told him if I find out to draw up a contract saying his mother lent him the £60.000 so I wont have to claim any money from the gift she gave him which half of it should have been mine. (I believe this is fraud from the acting solicitor?)
I also met Mrs McIntyre who admitted she gave him the money and not lent it to him and if I name my price she will give it to me to get rid of me.
I have the contract at hand. He didn't declare that money to the inland revenue. I rang I R and reported it at the time to be told when Mrs McIntyre dies I will let them know, Keep the contract and they will see to it.
Mrs McIntyre was completely demented at he time and shortly afterwards ended up in a nursing home.
Mr Bowman sold the house in the UK, for £120.000 didn't pay any of the loan back or any taxes and went to Australia where he purchase another house
Mrs McIntyre died this April 2015.
I rang the daughter Miss Hilarie Bowman who is the executor of the will and asked what happened to the £60.000 to be told it wasn't in the will and she didn't know anything about it but she will look into it.
I wrote to her recently about it as I had a heart attack and needed the money which her brother deceitfully took from me to be told it has nothing to do with the will and Mrs McIntyre would have written off the loan during the 19 years.
There is no way Mrs McIntyre would have written the loan off as she was mentally completely incapable to recognise anybody let alone give instruction. Also if Miss Hilarie Bowman or any member of the family didn't know anything about how can she tell me the money would have been written off. It has been a lot of corruption and deceitfulness all the years Mrs McIntyre was in the nursing home as she had a lot of money the son and daughter were dealing with.
Mrs McIntyre's home was rented up to now and no money was declared.
Mr Bowman is now living in Australia waiting for the house to be sold and come to claim his inheritance. The house is selling for £100,100.000
If you need any more information please let me know and if I have a chance of claiming my £30.000 or if he should be reported to the HRMC
Yours Sincerely
P
Bowman
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to to help you but I need some further information first.For clarity your former mother in law gave your husband £60,000 19 years ago so that he could purchase a house .At the time of your divorce he did not declare the asset when negotiating the settlementIs that correct?What was the date of the financial settlement and when did you first become aware of the gift of £60,000
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is correct. e didn't declare the money during the divorce.
I was aware of the contract in 1998 after I received the contract and before the divorce.
I told my ex verbally I didn't believe him but as I thought it came through his solicitor I did nothing about it but inform the Inland revenue who told me to wait until his mother dies and then they will get 9rt in touch with him
His mother didn't die until 2015 and then wrote to the executor who happened to be his sister Miss Hilarie Bowman but got no joy from her.
an you please tell me what my chances are?
P Bowman
I would like to point out I am of Cypriot origin, My world was turned upside down a the time and didn't know much about the Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rather talk to the solicitor than write if that is OIK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I wait for your call Please? ***********
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Dear Mrs B.
Following our recent chat I suggest that the best way forward is for you to write to your son's solicitors asking for him to give irrevocable instructions to the Executors to pay you from his inheritance
I hope that this is of assistance