13262538

If a woman is the one who ends the marriage does that compromise

If a woman is the one who ends the marriage does that compromise her legal position, particularly if there is a house and children involved?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist.
Please may I ask what the behaviour was that initiated the end of the marriage?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Complacency over financial issues over several years jeopardising all aspects of family security. Property in spouse's name, but rental payments made by wife to cover half the mortgage, which stopped once they had children.
Thank you for confirming this for me.
I am sorry to tell you but such reasons in respect of divorce are not going to affect either financial or children proceedings.
In relation to financial proceedings - Conduct is only taken into account as a factor when it is so serious that it would be unfair for the court to disregard it .
In respect of children proceedings - the courts consider that children should have a good relationship with both of their children unless there are child protection concerns - which you have not detailed.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you are not happy with my colleagues response (which is not necessary for and doe snot trigger a refund)What she has told you is utterly accurate, the fact that the wife has decided to end the marriage does not effect either her financial claims, nor the position with regard to the children.Do ask if you need further clarification or details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years