Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have been separated from my husband years and now

Customer Question

I have been separated from my husband for 19 years and now have a 17 year old birth son, a 3 year old adopted son and I am due to go to panel to be approved to adopt for a second time in a couple of weeks. My social workers manager has raised the following
question: Would my husband have Parental Responsibility for my children ? Please help
Expert:  Kasare replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your question, I will try to assist you with this. So you have been separated from your husband for 19 years but not divorced? Are you in a relationship at this time? Is your husband the father of your birth son? Or if not, is the father involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am not in a relationship. No my husband is not my birth sons father and his father is named on his birth certificate and has irregular contact
Expert:  Kasare replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for coming back to me, sorry for the delay replying. Then the answer you would give is no, your husband does not have parental responsibility for your children. If you are applying to adopt as a sole parent, I fail to see the need for the question being raised by them. Good luck with the adoption and if you need anything else, please let me know.