How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

I own my home solely have separated from my ex partner have

Customer Question

I own my home solely have separated from my ex partner have two children, the suggestion was my house to he sold an to purchase a property for children until youngest was 18. My ex partner tryed a tolata which was turned down. But my solicitor has advised me to prepare for the worst as the judge may give total residence for property for children to my ex partner. Can you please help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstCould you explain a little more about the current situation pleaseClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Due for financial hearing January 8th 2016, my ex partner living in my property with our children, I was ousted January 2015 through allegations,
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
is this a Children Act application?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes children act 1989
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ex partner tried tolata but judge said no, so I put forward to purchase house for children until youngest is 18, trust of deed is being finalised, but my solicitor has said to put forward for both muself an ex partner to be joint owners as solicitor feels that if I wanted to remain sole owner the judge will grant my ex partner total entitlement to property for children
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What is her financial position and how is the care of the children shared between you?
I shall be offline for a while but will pick this up on my return if that is accepttable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a court order in which I'm allowed to see children between ourselves when agreed, but ex partner does not, also have visitation order every weekend for two hours, ex partner has no assets an not working, I would like to know what to do? Ex partner claimed controlling behaviour against me I had evidence to show that this was not true, judge discounted my evidence an believed what ever ex partner said, police investigated me no charges brought forward, January 2015 non molestation order an occupation order granted for ex partner occupation order expired non molestation due to expire in January 2016
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
May I ask - what other assets - apart form this house - have you got?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
So where will you live?how much is the house worth?

Related Family Law Questions