Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can the full time career of children dose not have property

Customer Question

Can the full time career of children dose not have property transfer rights? My situation is I own a property have two children my ex partner lives there I was outsted in January.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Can you confirm if you are married to your ex-partner? Why and how were you ousted from the property?
Even if you were not, as there are two dependant children and she is their full -time carer if you attempted to remove her and the children from the property she will be able to apply to court to remain in the property until the children are no longer dependant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was ousted from my property because ex partner claimed controlling behaviour consisting of not allowing usage of lights or cooker, this was classified as domestic abuse, and no we were never married
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - not sure if that is sufficient to remove you from your home, however she would have a rightful claim if you were to attempt to move back in and remove her. As she has the main care of the children, their needs a the priority and the court will likely grant her an order to stay in the property, and when the youngest is 16, or finishes education the property to be sold and equity divided as directed by the court