Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My mother went into respite I had to make a

Customer Question

My mother went into respite for which I had to make a financial contribution to the local council as her care is funded by them but I recently received an invoice for homecare covering the same period as the respite care with a demand for payment. This
invoice covers the period she was in respite, for which I have already paid, but the council are still demanding payment for teh same period as their 'accounting week runs from Sunaday to Saturday' so part weeks are not covered by credits for servicve not
supplied. I have asked for a signed agreement where this is clearly stated but they cannto provide one. I have also checked with the homecare provider and they tell me that they only invoiced the LA up to the date of admission to respite and then then from
the day of discharge. I am being charged for services never supplied and never charged to the LA. What can I do to challenge this?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHave you made a formal complaint?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have exhausted the complaints procedure up to CEO level but Vodafone still say I terminated early despite a web chat where it clearly states that I want the contract to end at the renewal date. I have argued that the termination fee constitutes an unfair contract terms but they insist that I am responsible for payments as a result of their system failures and limitations.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
i am sorry - I thought this was about Home care for your mother?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I responded to the wrong person. I have complained to the LA and got a response stating that as the contribution she has to make for care is based on the total number of hours she has care, even if she does not have care provided she is still liable for the contribution. She has to contribute to her normal care package, 185 minutes a week but in the week she entered respite she only received 65 minutes care but still has to make the same level of contribution despite also having to pay the care home for the same period
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What percentage contribution did she have to make at that time?