13262538

I am in a civil partnership but seperated from my partner.

I am in a civil partnership but seperated from my partner. we have a 8 year old child of which i am not the birth mother. we were in a relationship for 10 years before our child was born and had our civil partnership when our child was 6 months old. i am try to find out if i have Parental resposability for our child as does her birth mother. please can you advise.Thank you
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
If the conception by artificial insemination took place before the 06 April 2009 - you don't automatically have parental responsibility.
If you seek Parental Responsibilty now - yourself and your civil partner could agree a Parental Reponsibilty Order. If this can't be agreed then you can apply to court for a Parental Responsibilty Order.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Since you entered into a Civil Partnership after the child was born you DO in fact have Parental Responsibility for the child
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years