13262538

I have asked this question before but I am still

Hi I have asked this question before but I am still worried...20yrs ago I purchased my parents house due to debts.they then went and applied for housing benefit and got it.I have now found out that they did not declare that they were related to me. My
question is will I be prosecuted for this and will I have to pay the money back because the letting agent was recieving the direct payment. Surely because they committed fraud from the beginning they are liable.also can the coucil take the property off me
.
HiThank you for your question.My name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Were you aware that they were applying for Housing Benefit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was done through a letting agent
Did you ask if they had notified the council that you were related?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I did and they said yes,so I thought it was ok now I have seen the claim form and they put the letting agent down as the landlord and ticked the box not related to the landlord
How have you come to see the claim form?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The letting agent sbowed me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there
What has happened to cause you concern at this point?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The coucil have suspended the hb and are investigating tenancy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you help
Did you pay full price for the property?
Are you linked to the Letting Agency in any way?
How did the Agent have a copy of the applittaion
I cannot call at present but could call laterI will need the information I have already requested
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I paid about 25% less. I put the property up with the agent because I was going to let it out .the form was filled in at the letting agent so I assumed it was filled in correctly so I let them stay.I habe been paying a fee every month to the agent and have a btl mortgage and pay tax on the income.I have no connection to the agent.can you please let me know when you will call
Did the Agent deal directly with your parents?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes