13262538

I acted as a sperm donor to married lesbian friend with no

Customer Question

I acted as a sperm donor to married lesbian friend with no signed agreement. Now my daughter has been born, can I apply for access as I now wish to be involved?
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Given that there is no agreement is in place, I would suggest that you attempt, through correspondence for some level of contact to begin. If that fails then you should make a referral to a local mediator (you can find one here: www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk), in order to reach an amicable agreement. If this fails, you will be able to apply to court for a child arrangement order application.
You will need to demonstrate your intentions and commitment to remain in her life throughout her upbringing. The court will need to see that your relationship will not disrupt her life.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I have been a family lawyer for 30 years.Please confirm whether or not this was a private arrangement - and were your friend and her spouse registered as co parents?