13262538

My daughter is moving in with me and my new partner do I have

Customer Question

My daughter is moving in with me and my new partner do I have to give my new full address to my ex
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.How old is the child and why do you wish to with hold your address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter is 9 and I dont think it is any of her bussiness if she doesn't need to know also my daughter has a phone and she knows my number so she can keep in contact
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that since your ex has Parental Responsibility for the child she is entitled to know where the child is living unless there is a record of abuse which makes it unsafe for her to have the information.
Sorry to give bad news, please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is signing her over to me so isn't that giving up parental responsibility
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No I am afraid the only way that she will lose Parental Responsibility is if the child is adopted.