Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex earns 67k per annum. He has offered £400 per month as

Customer Question

My ex earns 67k per annum. He has offered £400 per month as child maintenance for our 15 year old son - is this an accurate and fair amount? We are not communicating verbally and he is insistent he will not pay any more
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Is that his gross income?
How many nights a week does your son spend overnight with your ex, and does your ex have any other children in his household?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I Have been a family lawyer for 30 years.that figure would only be sufficient if he has the child for at least three nights a week OR he has other children living in his home.In the absence of either fact then it is not sufficient and if you applied to the CMS/CSA he would need to pay more.You can check the position herehttp://www.nacsa.co.uk/index.php/cs3-calculationsPlease ask if you need further details
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
I apologise for my colleagues interjection. I think it would have been better to provide you an answer based on the responses to my questions so that it is clear for you.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.