13262538

My child was born in 2013, father lives in Australia, hasn't

Customer Question

My child was born in 2013, father lives in Australia, hasn't and doesn't pay for child maintenance, but his name isn't on the birthd certificate. How do I pursue child maintenance in this circumstance
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat evidence do you have that he is the father?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ClareThank you for getting back to me so promptly. I only have written acceptance from him referring to himself as the father. His mother spends some time with my son, and identifies herself as his grandmother, which she is. However both grandmother and father refuse to contribute financially.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You have two options available to you
You can start court proceedings here in the UK for the Court to set a payment which can then be enforced in Australia using the Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders process
https://www.gov.uk/remo-unit-helpline
OR you can apply to the Australian CSA to set an amount http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/child-support/receiving-child-support-when-you-live-overseas
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details